Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Name Change + Updates




I love blogging. I love blogging and I love reading blogs. I love following bloggers on Instagram and Twitter, chatting with the girls I've grown close to through blogging (see: Undeniable Report), and working on my Instagram aesthetic (still in the works). But, I've fallen off the radar when it comes to actually publishing posts. I've really put off blogging and felt less motivated to write a post, take photos, and come up with post ideas. I really couldn't figure out why I lost so much motivation, but I recently came to the conclusion of why: my blog's name.

Prep Northwest has been the title of this blog since it began. Originally, Prep Northwest was a blog that focused on the "preppy" lifestyle, while including my college experiences. I started this blog as a way for me to cope with me going to college for the first time - I was attending a college I really didn't want to be at, and needed something positive to focus on. I wanted my readers to think "hey, here's a preppy blog, but she's located in the northwest." I do love the name, but it was really confining. I felt restricted. I'm from the Pacific Northwest and have roots here, and I really think my style reflects that and shines through. What I love about style though, is how no one really has just one style. Mine is all over the place: I can be very preppy with my Lilly, my Jack Rogers, and Vineyard Vines, but I also love my men's flannels, beanies, and dark makeup. I don't identify with just "being preppy," but a whole lot more. The title Prep Northwest made me feel like my blog couldn't evolve in the same ways that I was.

Changing a blog name is tough. I didn't know what direction I wanted to go, but decided to self title it. I want my blog to be a reflection of who I am, what I care about, and what goes on in my life. I don't want to feel restricted on what I share on here and try to live up to this "preppy standard" that I created. I mean, let's be real. I'm not that preppy.

With this name change, I'm excited to introduce new categories, a wider variety of posts, and some guest contributors! My cousin Azrah and my good friend Bayley are going to help write posts and give a different perspective. I'm very excited to include them and to produce amazing content.

Thanks for staying with me and continuing to support my blog. I now introduce to you, constance browne.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.