Thursday, April 3, 2014

College Formals: What To Wear

Formal season is here! College formals are one of the most exciting aspects of being a college student: spending quality time with your date, going to fun venues, eating a delicious dinner (and dessert? ;)) doing your hair and makeup, and wearing a killer dress - what more could anyone ask for? College formals, specifically Greek formals, are a great way to celebrate spring, be involved with your/your date's house, and have a fun night with your date! 

My boyfriend's spring fraternity formal is a month away (did you see my post from his winter formal?). I only recently started looking for dresses online, and thought I'd share a few of my favorite picks. In Washington, formal dresses are typically shorter ones, but in some other areas, girls gravitate towards longer ones! That's really a regional/personal decision.

It's also important to remember that while going out and buying a new dress for a formal can be exciting, it's not always necessary! Borrowing a friend's dress or renting one can be cost efficient, allowing you to expand your closet without breaking the bank! 


Many of these dresses are from Tobi - it just happens to be my favorite place to shop dresses!

1 (see multiple colors)  ||  2 (see mint and yellow)



3  ||  4


5  ||  6


7 (see burgundy and plum)  ||  8 (see black, burgundy, and jade)


9 (see royal)  ||  10 (see multiple colors)


11 (see teal, ivory, and black)


I hope you liked my choices! I might end up buying one of these... We'll see! ;)

Are you attending a formal this spring?
Happy formal season to everyone!
Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. I love number one and number ten! haha But All of them are gorgeous! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 is a personal fave, but I already have an all sequin dress, haha! I might have to buy 10 for this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect timing for this post! I've been looking around for formal dresses, and I need to find one soon! I love 1 and 11, and 10 would be a great summer dress!!! Thanks for the awesome recommendations :)

    http://saltwatersweet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually bought dress #1 to wear to on my birthday and I had to return it because it was far too short on me. I was so sad! But Tobi actually has a really great return policy so they took it back with no questions asked.

    www.theperksofbeing-elise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boyfriend's spring fraternity formal is a month away (did you see my post from his winter formal?). I only recently started looking for dresses online, and thought I'd share a few of my favorite picks. In Washington, formal dresses are typically shorter ones, but in some other areas, girls gravitate towards longer ones! That's really a regional/personal decision.
    black and yellow salwar suit ,
    yellow black salwar suit ,

    ReplyDelete

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.