Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Spring and Summer Beauty Favorites


I love, love, love wearing makeup. Once I find some products that I really love, it's so fun to apply it and look at myself! (hehehe ;)) I'll start by saying that I do wear a full face of foundation every day. I don't have very sensitive skin and because I'm on a birth control pill, my hormones are pretty balanced and I don't have to deal too often with acne. Every once in awhile I'll wake up with some acne, but because it's not a serious problem with me, I can easily wear drugstore makeup without worry. I have normal skin - it's not too oily and it's not too dry. I make sure to always moisturize before applying makeup and anytime after I wash my face, which sets me up for a glowing, healthy look.



These two foundations are the two that I rotate through and are currently loving. The top is Almay's smart shade mousse foundation in 200. It took me awhile to get used to - the mousse texture was foreign to me but I ended up loving it! I originally bought this because it was on sale and I thought I would give it a try, but because I had never heard of it, I looked up YouTube reviews. Though most people didn't love it, I really do. I apply a thin with my fingers and then blend it all together with a brush. It creates a soft, dewy look but feels light on my skin - I forget I'm even wearing it!

The bottom is the same foundation everyone and their mother wears - Covergirl's Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. It has a primer, concealer, and foundation all in one and includes SPF as well, which is important, especially in the sunnier months. It's a much higher coverage foundation than Almay's, which is good for days that I feel I really need more coverage. You can tell from my bottle that it frequently gets used and travels with me in my makeup bag!


I am a sucker for e.l.f. products. I know, they're cheap, but I do believe they have some quality products. I picked up this concealer randomly at Wal-Mart and love it! I use it only on my under eye circles and it really works. Plus, it's only $3, so I figured I had little to lose if I ended up not liking it.



These two powders I inherited from my little sister. I'm a huge Maybelline fan and this matte powder (most similar Maybelline powder available here) is the perfect setting powder. It's light and doesn't look cakey on top of foundation!

This NYC bronzer is both so affordable ($3) and quality. It's matte, which is nice - I don't like sparkly bronzers. It's great for contouring and creating a warmer look, and lasts forever! I use my e.l.f. small stipple brush to apply it for contouring (I'm still learning) and they work perfectly together. 




I'm very surprised at how much I liked these two products. This e.l.f. jumbo lip gloss stick is nice for a natural look, and this Forever21 love & beauty lipstick in berry is bright enough for the day, but still romantic enough for the evening. The Forever21 lipstick is really thick, without being drying or cakey. It has a really nice feel to it and it's one I find myself reaching for often!



My favorite part: my eyes. I love wearing liner - I wear winged liner almost every day. Ever since I've been able to wear eyeliner to work now, I never hesitate on whether or not to wear it! I love how eyeliner can make eyes pop. Maybelline's Line Stiletto has been my favorite liquid liner for over a year now. I know I'll always be repurchasing it. The felt tip liner and shorter length gives you a ton of control, allowing easy application. 

I'm also a sucker for lashes. I love long, dark, curled lashes. I'm always trying out new drugstore mascaras (my mom loves to buy me new ones!) and really enjoy this one from L'Oreal. It doesn't clump, but still gives me long, defined lashes. It's the perfect finishing touch for a really pretty look. 


Those are my beauty favorites right now! 
What products are you loving, and which do you suggest?!
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Fastest Cars in The World We can measure automotive excellence in several ways, but top speed which an automobile can achieve is the one everyone secretly cares about the most.

    ReplyDelete

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.