Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Viva 2015







Dress  ||  Shoes (Steve Madden, old, similar)  ||  Necklace  ||  Earrings (J.Crew Factory, old)


If you've been following Prep Northwest for awhile now, you'll know that I love fraternity formals. The only thing that can make a formal better, is that formal being in Canada. Chris' spring formal was this past weekend in Vancouver, BC! This was our second year going and had an even better time. The actual formal takes place on a boat and we cruise through Vancouver Harbor. Especially during this time of year, it's absolutely beautiful. And we're still cruising during gold hour, so photos are wonderful.

What's also fun is the drinking age: if you're 19, you can legally go out and drink in Canada! I'm not big on partying, but it's fun to be able to go out and order a martini or go dancing in a club. Chris is 21 and I'm still only 20, so it was nice to go to a pub with him and our other friends.

Vancouver is a great city to visit. It's very similar to Seattle, which is why I think I like it so much. If you're planning a visit, definitely stay downtown near Gransville. The nightlife is popping and there are tons of restaurants all around! Everything is at least a 10 minute walk or 10 minute can ride away. Since Vancouver is less than two hours from where I live, I plan on making a lot more trips up there this summer. Even though Canada and the US are neighbors and share a lot of their cultures, there's a definite Canadian culture that I love.

The dress I wore is from Lulu's. It was my first purchase from there and I couldn't be happier with it. I was worried about the deep v looking bad because of my chest size (#smallboobs) but I ended up loving it and feeling really great in it. Plus, it arrived a day early and is only $37! How crazy is that? My heels are Steve Madden, but I bought them last summer from TJ Maxx for less than $30, so I can't find them anywhere. I linked a similar pair above!

Tell me, have you gone on any Greek formals? What locations are your favorite?
Cheers!

P.S. Sorry for out of focus photos - I just bought a manual lens and had to ask people who don't know how to use DSLRs to take some photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.