Monday, August 4, 2014

Beach Bag Essentials


Wow, is this post delayed. Summer is halfway over for me - but I am aware that it's coming down to the last few weeks for semester students! When I was in North Carolina, I shot this post and planned on posting it while I was in Raleigh. That obviously didn't happen (oops!). I am however, posting it now.

Going to the beach or pool in the summer is an necessity. It's required, right? I wish. There are few things I enjoy more than being able to lay out in the hot sun, tan my skin, and jump in a pool. My best friend has a pool in her backyard and every summer we spend a ridiculous amount of time out there! Who could resist? From my experience, I've put together what items I always have on me when I'm heading to the beach or pool.


Beach Tote  ||  How does anyone manage without a great beach tote?! Owning a waterproof tote has been one of the best investments I've ever made - there'll be more on that later ;)

Beach Towel  ||  We all need a towel when we're laying out in the sun and swimming. Not only do they dry us off after a swim, they're comfy to lay on, super cute, and we can wrap ourselves in them if the day cools way down!

Sunglasses  ||  This is a no brainer. Sunlight leads to squinting which leads to wrinkles. They're important! Plus you can get really cute ones.

Sunscreen  ||  I am a huge advocate for sunscreen. Even when I use tanning oil, I make sure I buy an oil that contains some SPF. 15 isn't that much, but it's so much better for your skin than none!

Headphones  ||  I love having my headphones on me when I'm by the pool or at the beach. It makes listening to music while you're lounging easy, and listening to SnapChat videos a little less embarrassing (am I right, or am I right?).

Flip Flops  ||  This is another no brainer. I'm not trying to ruin my Jack Rogers by wearing them out at the pool! Old Navy, where mine are from, carries a huge variety of colors, and they're only $2.50!

Water Bottle  ||  A good water bottle is my best friend. I'm someone who gets so thirsty and seriously dehydrated far too easily, and that only gets worse in the summer. My Blender Bottle carries a great amount of water and you're usually able to find them for under $15.

A Snack  ||  Sometimes I find myself terribly hungry, after I've already made my way to the beach or poolside. That's why packing a snack is great! Cashews are perfect - they contain good fats and are filling! Eating a handful will satisfy my hunger until lunch or dinner.


Well that wraps up my list! Now tell me,
what are your essentials for a day at the beach (or by the pool)?
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.