Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Recipe: Super Simple Fudge


What would the holiday season be without baking? Christmas is the perfect excuse to go on a baking spree and bake every delicious Pinterest recipe there is (trust me, there are plenty to last you the season). I love baking, but because I work, I don't have a lot of spare time to spend in the kitchen. I recently remembered a super easy fudge recipe that I used to make with my dad when I was younger and decided it was time to start making some again! I made a batch for my best friend's birthday and a couple of batches for Chris' parents. It's super easy, super delicious, and makes a great gift.


Needs
3 cups chocolate chips (I prefer milk)
14 oz sweetened condensed milk (about 1 can)
a splash of vanilla
a pinch of salt
a handful of nuts (optional, I used walnuts)
a foil-lined pan (I used a bread pan)
a spatula
a stovetop pot


Actions
Pour your chocolate chips in a pot on the stove, melting them. Make sure to keep the temperature between medium and medium low - burnt chocolate isn't very good.
Add the sweetened condensed milk, splash of vanilla, and pinch of salt.
Use your spatula to mix all the ingredients together, being consistent to avoid burning.
After all the chocolate is melted into the condensed milk, pour into a foil-lined pan.
Let sit for a couple of hours - I cool mine in the fridge overnight!
Remove from foil and use a sharp knife to cut.
Enjoy!


See? It's really the simplest recipe ever, is absolutely delicious, and makes a great gift. Make sure to tweet at me or mention me in your Instagram pictures if you make this recipe - I'd love to see your adaptations!

Happy holidays!
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.