Thursday, December 19, 2013

Finishing Fall Quarter

Well, I did it! I finished my first quarter at a university. It was a wild ride, but I'm beyond thankful for the opportunity to be attending a four year right after high school. My first quarter wasn't really a "smooth" one, but I can't imagine that many people who have an amazing first quarter, or semester, of college. There were a lot of mental breakdowns due to stress, too many nights staying up late when I had an 8 am lecture, and a good handful of problems related to my finances. But, I worked through it and successfully passed my first quarter.
This quarter was definitely a learning experience. I learned that going to class every day is important and you can never really get back what you missed. I learned how to (somewhat) effectively study and how to prioritize my time. Balancing a social life, an academic life, and finding time for yourself can be tricky, but it's also necessary. I'm lucky to have so many supportive people in my life to help me through!
 
During finals week, even though we were all stressing, one of the friends I had made who I've grown incredibly close to invited me and my roommate to watch the sunset with him and our other close friend. It was so nice to take a break and stand on a beautiful Washington beach. Sometimes you just need to say "yes" even when you haven't had enough sleep and still have two finals to go.

It's been a crazy first quarter, and I know I haven't really highlighted it in this post. Attending a university is a lot of hard work, and I'm glad I put in the effort I did to be where I am today.

Cheers to winter break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.