Saturday, December 7, 2013

What's an Americano? For the Non-Coffee Drinkers Out There!

I am not a coffee drinker - I never have been and I might never be. The only times I really only have coffee are when I need something to keep me awake in an emergency (like needing to study during dead week) or when there's nothing else to drink when it's cold out! Coffee also has a tendency to make me feel slightly ill after drinking it. If you're like me and love coffee alternatives, read below to find out my favorite non-coffee drinks!

Chai Tea Lattes
Chai tea lattes are hands down, my favorite hot drink out there! Starbucks does a really great chai tea latte, but I've also discovered some Seattle-local shops that make a great one as well! My favorite way to have one is by adding flavors; here are my favorite variations!
-Vanilla Chai Tea Latte + soymilk
-Vanilla Chai Tea Latte
-Hazelnut Chai Tea Latte
-Pumpkin Chai Tea Latte
-Peppermint Chai Tea Latte
When it comes to a good chai tea latte, adding flavors can't hurt! I tend to stick to a vanilla chai tea latte with soymilk, but recently discovered adding pumpkin creates a really amazing drink!


Hot Tea
I was raised drinking tea with every meal at home - breakfast, my after school snack (which was more of a meal than a snack), and dinner. My family drinks about 8-10 pots of tea every single day! You could say we're a little tea crazy. These are my favorite teas! Adding a little bit of half and half and honey is my go-to way of drinking it, but most teas are still delicious without adding anything!
-Green Tea + honey
-Lemongrass Tea + honey (the best lemongrass tea I've had was in Scotland from TeaPigs! Definitely recommend picking up some if you're ever in the UK)
-Orange Spice + honey + half and half
-Lemon and Ginger + honey (great for when you're a little sick!)
-Jasmine Dragon Pearls Green Tea + sugar (Teavana has a great one!)
-Peppermint Tea + sugar

Lemongrass Tea in a cute teashop in St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland! Fun fact - this shop is where William and Kate met!
Cold Drinks
Sometimes we all need a cool, refreshing drink. Whether we're running around doing errands, hanging out in the sun, or are just plain thirsty, you can never go wrong with a cold drink! Unless, of course, it's below freezing outside like it currently is at my university! Anyways, here are my favorite cold beverages!
-Fruit Infused Water (water is pretty necessary! My university provides numerous different fruit infused water in the dining halls on campus. My favorites are strawberry, lemon, pineapple, and apple!)
-Strawberry Honey Iced Tea + sugar (I brew my own strawberry honey tea hot, add sugar, then cool it!)
-Any and all iced tea, with or without sugar
-Starbucks Cool Lime Refresher
-Strawberry Lemonade
-Sherbet Punch (like the ones served at high school functions!)
-Homemade Strawberry Banana smoothies! (My classic recipe: handful of frozen strawberries, thawed with boiling water for 1 minute + half a cup or so of milk + 1 banana + some honey + blender = perfection!)

Miscellaneous Hot Drinks
-Caramel Apple Spice/Any Caramel Apple Cider
-Hot Chocolate
-Hot Chocolate + caramel
-Hot Chocolate + honey (discovered this delicious combo while in Scotland - it's a common drink in Edinburgh!)
-Steamed Milk + almond syrup (sometimes known as a Steamer with Almond)

Let me know what your favorite non-coffee drinks are!

Cheers to the cold weather and warm drinks!

6 comments:

  1. I have never been a big coffee drinker so I really enjoyed this post! Great job!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you enjoyed this! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Yum! Nice recommendations. I'm both a coffee and tea drinker. I've never tried the chai lattes at Starbucks but I always hear people love them. Super cute blog! Looking forward to seeing more from you. I followed you on google friend connect :)
    zozo | atelier zozo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You need to try one, they're delicious! And thank you so much :)

      Delete
  3. Is the Jasmine Dragon Pearls your favorite from Teavana?
    I recently made my first purchase there, and of course I got sucked into getting overly hyped Youthberry as my first Teavana tea purchase...they have so many I don't know what is good, can you recommend some?

    Thanks!
    xox Ingrid from Style Prosciutto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely my favorite from Teavana! Another I like is a strawberry and pineapple mixed tea... I can't remember the names of the teas, but you can get them blended together and it's fantastic!

      Delete

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.