Thursday, July 24, 2014

Big, Fat, Indian Wedding





I am a sucker for romance. Give me a love story and I guarantee I'll end up bawling (I'm also very emotional and cry when I'm really happy). I especially love weddings - who doesn't? In the past couple of months, a couple of Chris' family members have gotten married. I'm talking extended family: his mom's cousin's daughter and his mom's cousin. It's amazing how well all of his family keeps in touch!

Chris' comes from a family full of love, warmth, and celebration. They all absolutely love getting done up in their traditional Indian attire - which is stunning - and visit with one another at the biggest social events of the year. The details that go into some of the suits, frocks, and saris (the traditional wear for woman) is incredible and they're so beautiful. I love the fun colors and the amount of detail that goes into each piece. Chris' family has welcomed me as a part of their family years ago and continue to make me feel a part of them. Last week, Chris and I took a trip up to Canada with his parents for another wedding! I was lucky enough to go shopping and pick out my own frock to wear. I was so (and still am) excited to wear it to the wedding!

Anyways, here are some photos from the wedding. I love the pink color with the gold details! And of course, I paired it with my Jacks ;)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.