Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Real Self

I've decided to join the "My Real Self" trend, inspired by Carly and Katelyn. I find this post to very inspiring, brave, and thoughtful, and I wanted to share that with my readers. I made this blog with the intent to stay positive: there are many aspects of my life that lack positively and I wanted something I could positively put work into and be proud of. So far, I've been extremely proud of this blog and how it has made me feel over the past few months. Though not everything in this post will be happy, sometimes it's nice to find comfort in knowing someone else is experiencing the same battles you are.

My Real Self
No makeup, freshly washed face

Has trouble sleeping
Loves drinking tea
Has struggled with depression for numerous years
Doesn't spend enough time studying
Has issues with money and saving it
Is addicted to Twitter
Has self image issues
Loves loves loves her cats
Doesn't do enough outside of sleeping
Has trouble making friends (gets extremely nervous)
Tells weird and pointless stories
Struggles with self acceptance
Worries too much about "likes" and "favorites"
Hopes to pursue public health

I hope you enjoyed this post! Sometimes it's hard to share different aspects of our lives with others, especially strangers for the fear of judgement. Each person has their own battle to fight, their own experiences, and maybe it's just me, but these posts have made me feel a little more bonded with some other bloggers out there. I hope you enjoyed seeing me from a different angle.

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Definitely gained a new reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this post, it's perfect because I feel like everyone struggles with self acceptance. The quote is also great, so relatable.

    Julie,
    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I'm so glad that everyone is making these so we can all realize that everyone has issues. I totally agree with making friends; sometime I just am shy or weird around people when I first meet them, but once they take the time to get to know me I'm not as strange as I may seem. Ha ha.

    XOXO, Kate

    seersuckerandstripes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are so great! I think we're all like that - it's just hard to meet others!

      Delete
  4. Loved it! These posts are so great because it's nice to see no one is really ever "perfect" no matter how perfect they appear to be. Good job, Connie!
    xo,
    Neidelyn
    {getupanddressup.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I've been loving these :)

    AJ | TheAJMinute | @TheAJMinute

    ReplyDelete

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.