Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring Break Recipes

{my photograph}

Spring break is right around the corner (only 2 more school days for me!) and I can't help but fantasize about cooking meals for my boyfriend and I while we're gone. I love cooking, but being away at college has made it difficult to find the time, money, and right places to prepare myself full meals. Spring break and access to our hotel room kitchen is the perfect excuse to cook a little; plus, cooking dinner for two is romantic ;).

I found a bunch of recipes I want to try out during spring break and this summer on FoodGawker. I've been a huge fan of FoodGawker and the other "Gawkerverse" sites for a long time. They're like Pinterest, but for specific things! FoodGawker is the perfect site to find recipes for any food dish, including gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan options! Each link sends the reader to a blog or another site for the recipe. You can see what kinds of dishes I'm wanting to try, too!

{ifoodreal}
I've been wanting to try Overnight Oats for awhile now, but have never gotten around to it. It's so easy and perfect for a college student! Continental breakfast at a hotel can be nice, but having overnight oats as a backup can't hurt. Plus, this sounds delicious as an after-beach snack before dinner!

{laughing spatula}
Quinoa is one of my favorite food items. As a vegetarian, I have to make sure I give myself a healthy amount of protein. Quinoa is packed with protein, so easy to prepare, and even lacks gluten. What a super food! This Quinoa Pilaf looks delicious and a perfect light yet filling dish for days spent at the beach. Just replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth and I'm ready!

{jennifer's kitchen}
Pasta is its own food group in my book. I grew up in a household that made a pasta dish at least twice a week - I'm almost 19 and still not tired of it! I'm always looking at new pasta dishes to change things up. This broccoli and avocado dish wins. Avocados are one of my favorite fruits and incorporating it into a pasta dish sounds exciting and delicious.

{doughmesstic}
Nothing says spring and summer the way a fruit tart does! This recipe looks easy enough but still rewarding. Being at school, I don't get nearly enough fruit (I need berries!). This tart will definitely help satisfy my constant craving for berries (temporarily) and be the perfect dessert during break! Plus, the presentation is just too cute.

Are there any recipes you're dying to try? 
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Yum!!! All of these recipes look delish... let me know if you make any and how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to do a follow up post ;)

      Delete

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.