Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring Fever


Spring may not be in the air in Washington, but it sure is on my mind. I've been counting down the days until I can bring out my sundresses, can stop wearing rain boots, and flowers start blooming. I've been ready for spring since the beginning of last month - remember this post? I'm anxious to see what trends this spring will bring out. I discovered some colors that I'm excited to style this year: spring green, both blush and hot pink, lavender, and dodger blue. Spring, hurry!

Dodger blue is a current favorite. It's light enough to be the perfect spring color, but dark enough to still be dressed up! Blue is such a great and easy color to style, and flatters everyone!


Spring green will always be trendy. No color says spring better than a great, bright green. It reminds me of flowers blooming, fresh produce, and sunshine. Plus, it's so refreshing and clean!



Lavender, and most shades of purple, will always hold a special place in my heart. It is so delicious, but can be styled to be fierce and bold. It's the perfect balance!


When done right, hot pink can be the best pop of color during the spring. A simple top, a sophisticated bag, or a nice lip is the perfect way to stand out without going over the top.


Blush and nude colors are trendy year round, but most appropriate when the sun starts to come out. It's light, fun, mature, and can bring out the beginning of a tan or the that perfect shade of lipstick. What more could you ask for?


Last but not least, you cannot forget red. Red reminds me of poppies, birds humming, and the sun beginning to rise earlier. A great red lip or flowing skirt gives you all the power in the world (okay, it only makes you feel that way, but that's good enough for me)!

What colors are you looking forward to wear this spring?
Cheers!

1 comment:

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.