Friday, March 28, 2014

The Oregon Coast

{instagram}

{instagram}

Seaside







Cannon Beach






I am completely in love with the "cold" beaches along the west coast. Of course there's nothing like sitting along the beach in 90 degree weather in a swim suit, but it's extremely refreshing to wear rain boots and a rain jacket on the beach and discovering the marine life. The Oregon coast is the perfect place to visit when looking for a mini-getaway and relaxation. My boyfriend Chris (my favorite subject to photograph) and I spent four days on the coast for spring break! 

Seaside is perfect for families and tourists. Broadway is full of fun shops to visit, toy stores, candy shops, great restaurants, and even a carousel. It was warm enough our first day there that I could wear this dress I featured in this outfit (details can be found at that post!). The sand was bright and so, so soft, but it was so windy! Chris had to buy sunglasses just so sand wouldn't be blown into his eyes. 

We also made a day trip to Cannon Beach. If you haven't heard, Cannon Beach's main attraction, beside being a cute, quaint little town, is a giant rock on the beach: Haystack Rock. Haystack rock is full of really cool marine life! There are starfish, sea anemones, muscles, barnacles, and there are a ton of seagulls. It was unbelievably windy (so windy that my eyes teared up enough to rub away my eyeliner!), causing the dry sand to blow across the beach. By the time we made our way from where we parked to Haystack Rock, it was too rainy and windy for me to keep my camera out and snap some pictures. I did take a handful of photos on my disposable camera, though!

What did you do for spring break? 
Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. You and your boyfriend are so cute! And it looks beautiful there. I love visiting beaches like that in the winter, it's just nice taking a few strolls along the water.

    Julie,
    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! It really is - it's so relaxing!

      Delete
  2. I was on the beaches with warm weather for spring break, but I think cold beaches are so cool as well! Btw, you and your boyfriend are adorable!! I'm glad you had a fun spring break!

    XO, Kate // seersuckerandstripes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you :) Cold beaches can be fun (though there's nothing that can compare to a warm beach!)!

      Delete
  3. You and your man are PRECIOUS! I wish I was traveling this Spring Break!! And I'm glad yall had fun at the rock and you didnt have to worry about taking pictures! But it so odd to me to see someone in long sleeves at the coast! hahah

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, the coast in the PNW isn't ideal for swimming. Lakes and pools are, though! ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness this makes me so jealous! I could definitely go for a walk on the beach instead of a night in the library! Looks like you're having a great Spring Break!!

    Emily || emilyanddot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great break! I can't wait to whip through spring quarter and spend every weekend on the beach!

      Delete

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.