Wednesday, January 1, 2014

4 Trends I Want to Try in 2014

I love the look of a girl in a baseball cap. Problem is, I don't even own any! Baseball caps have only recently grown on me. I've always thought them to be weird trend, but lately I'm really loving the tartan and tweet hats out there. Plus, this Southern Proper one has the SoPro dog! How cute!

Faux fur was also a weird trend for me, but I realized that, if done properly, it can be so chic! Like the photo, layered with a gingham shirt and accessorized with a few pieces of jewelry, it's both casual, warm, and so put together. I'm excited to get my hands on one of these vests and style it myself!

Bare Foot Blonde
Bold pants are a must for 2014 - what better way to make a statement without saying anything? These sequin pants are incredible! I currently own a floral corduroy pair and a polka dot pair, but need to wear them more often! 2014 is about stepping out of comfort zones, and that's exactly what I plan on doing this year (with pants!).

Cara Loren
Along with the bold pants trend, mixing patterns! Mixing patterns has been a struggle for me, so I've avoided it altogether. Now I'm going to do my best to find great patterns that still complement each other: I love the way these tartan pants and animal print jacket help each other pop! It creates such an exciting and enticing look! 


What new trends are you interesting in trying out?
Cheers to trying something new and stepping out of your comfort zone!

10 comments:

  1. I love this post! Might have to make one myself! I've been wanting to get a baseball cap for so long! Love the look :)
    xo,
    N
    {http://getupanddressup.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too! It's so fun and preppy! I hope you make one of these yourself, I'd love to see it :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! I love the baseball cap look! I just recently got one from vineyard vines and I'm loving it.

    xo, Taryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so fun?! I'm looking at Vineyard Vines to get one, or SoPro, like the one I posted. I can't decide!

      Delete
    2. I went to go buy the SoPro one, but it's sold out :( I like how the VV ones come in a variety of colors!

      Delete
    3. Oh no! Everyone loves VV (I don't own anything from there!) so I know they're a trustworthy brand. Maybe a baseball cap will be my first VV purchase?!

      Delete
  3. You have such a cute blog Connie :)

    xox Ingrid from Style Prosciutto

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! I might have to make one of these for my blog. Don't worry I'd give you a shoutout! I love baseball caps--I actually wear my Vineyard Vines one backwards like everyday. I think they are just perfect. I think all of these trends I want to try as well this year!

    XOXO, Kate

    http://seersuckerandstripes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get one! I'm thinking a VV cap will be my first VV purchase. I haven't heard a single bad remark about their baseball caps! And you should definitely do this post, it's so fun to see what trends others are wanting to try out!

      Delete

Recommendations by Engageya

Disqus for Prep Northwest

© 2013 Constance Browne and Prep Northwest.